How to set up a blog and use it to document your work in progress and as a portfolio.
Tutor will be available for 1:1 help during the workshop.
- Overview using free blogging platforms as a workbook (work in progress)
- Overview using free blogging platforms as a portfolio (finished work)
- Overview paid portfolio systems.
- Overview linkedin and similar social media systems.
- Overview physical portfolio do’s and don’ts
- Individual help with blog/portfolio setup and advice.
Utilise existing technology to document your work during creation and after completion.
tumblr.com – Blog. Themes. Customizable. Advanced API available.
behance.net – Portfolio. Themes. Paid option (custom url) Creative Industry Focused.
wordpress.com – Blog. Themes. More customisable.
blogspot.co.nz – Blog. Google centric (Youtube etc). Themes.
cargocollective.com – Portfolio. Elite. Creative focussed. Invite only.
linkedin.com – Portfolio/CV. Industry focussed.
Buy a Domain and link it to your Blog/Portfolio system.
wordpress.org – Blog/Portfolio/Website – Extremely Customizable – Huge user base – Huge support and documentation – Huge 3rd party content library (plugins)
A collection of your best work to physically take in person.
Last modified: June 19, 2015