Sketchfab is a web service to publish, share and embed interactive 3D models online in real-time without plugin. The world around us is in 3D, but the web is still in 2D, and we want to change that. We think your 3D models deserve something better than screenshots or “showreel” videos.
Here is an example of a Sketchfab “embedded” into this blog page:
- Create an account (link it to your google account) at: www.sketchfab.com/
- Export your model from SketchUp as a “.dae” file type.
- Upload your model to Sketchfab
- Try editing some of the options for materials etc in Sketchfab
- Embed the Sketchfab into your blog
- Go into Fullscreen mode
- Take screenshots of different views
- Upload the screenshots to your blog
Try photoshopping entourage into or printing out and sketching over the screenshots.
Last modified: June 30, 2016