Here we outline the workflow from Sketchup Make (2013) to Revit 2014.
Importantly we need to save the Sketchup file to version 8 for this to work properly.
1. Create a new Sketchup model
Make it simple to begin with. Just a cube or series of cubes.
2. Save Sketchup model as version 8
3. Open Revit
4. Create an “In Place Mass”
5. Insert and Link/Import the Sketchup file
6. “Finish” the Mass
7. Use the 3D view in Revit to check everything is there
Shit + Middle click will “orbit”
Alt + Middle click will “pan”
8. Add Plan view to Sheet
8. Annotate/check scale is correct
9. Edit in Sketchup
10. Remember to save the Sketchup model as version 8 everytime :/
11. Reload the Link (after editing in Sketchup)
Add walls by Sketchup model (in place mass) face
View in plan
Last modified: May 11, 2015